My Blog List

Monday, July 27, 2009

My first experience with the master!


11 years back, i.e. in 1998, my dad did the Basic course (now called the Part 1 course) of the Art of Living. It was the first Basic course held in Dubai and it was taken by Rishi Nityapragyaji. On the last day of the course, my dad took me for a satsang and after the satsang, he introduced me to Rishiji. I was touched by his very beautiful smile, a smile which never faded. He gave me a very beautiful photograph of His Holiness Sri Sri Ravi Shankarji and said this is for you. I was very happy. I took it with lots of excitement and kept looking at the person in the photograph. I was totally unaware of who the person in the photograph was. But it just felt nice when I looked at him in the photo. I had a deep desire to meet him now. Very soon later my dad went to the ashram. He purchased an audio cassette named Samarpan from there. And he bought it to Dubai and he used to play it in the car. And it being more of classical kind, I used to get irritated. Forgot to mention the fact that I was just 8 years old at that time. Then dad told me about Guruji and now I was very anxious to meet him.
So we went to ashram 1 or 2 months later. It was very calm and vibrant atmosphere there. Even though our whole night had gone in travelling, we were not tired after reaching there. Immediately we were told Guruji is now giving darshan in Narayana hall (near Shakti Kutir). We ran there. It was so awesome. There were just 10-15 people there. And we sat right in front of him. He gave a small talk. And after that I went to touch his feet and take his blessings. At that time my dad told him about the problem I faced. I used to get really bad dreams, like a lion or tiger roaring and pouncing on me and I used to scream at the middle of the night. Guruji looked at me, smiled and touched his soothing hand over my head and said to my dad- "Ise Art Excel course karao". Art Excel course is a very beautiful course of Art of living for the age group 8-13 years. And thats it, immediately after that I registered for the course and after the first Sudarshan Kriya itself, the effects were visible. Now I had a real good quality sleep hereafter with no lions and tigers disturbing in the middle of the night. :P......And there was no looking backwards after this.


Comments and suggestions are most welcome.

1 comment:

Maha Raghu said...

The first meeting experience is as profound as the newest meeting with the Master. Such grace and aura is exhibited that you transcend the boundaries of anything and everything in your life and unleash a self that you can only be more than happy about. ^_^